Anode Furnace Off-Gas System
Location: Hayden, Arizona
Engineering, Design and Construction Management of a new Anode furnace off-gas system.
- Installation of exhaust port on furnace shell.
- Pneumatic operated mouth cover.
- Refractory lined primary off gas hood.
- Retrofit existing building to accept refractory ductwork
- Spray cooling system
- 115,000 scfm baghouse with 700 HP fan and motor
- Arc flash resistant starter, PLC controls and instrumentation.
Construction and start up
CAPEX: $9.3 M
- Control of visible emissions from Anode furnace.
- Reduction of heat released to Anode furnace building
- Improved control and decreased reduction cycle time.
- Estimated 25-30% reduction in Natural Gas usage.
- Improved housekeeping and work environment
- Project completed in 10 months after receipt of order. (ARO)
- Actual Cost controlled within 10% of preliminary budget.
- 0 Reported accidents or incidents.
- Project installed with no interruption to operations.
- Commissioning and start up period of 2 weeks.