BOF Off-Gas System Evaluation
Client: Arcelor-Mittal – Riverdale
Location: Chicago, IL
Evaluate the performance of the BOF off-gas system and make recommendations for incremental improvements. Assist Arcelor-Mittal in determining the most effective path forward to achieve the long term system performance goals.
Evaluate the existing primary off gas system
- Develop fume collection system process flow diagram.
- Provide Recommendations to improve operation of the cooling tower
- Process design requirements of the cooling tower.
- Spray lance arrangement and nozzle specifications
- Cost estimate for the recommended modifications
- Develop options to improve water-cooled hood performance
Evaluate the existing fugitive emission system
- Field measurements to define current hood exhaust rates
- Develop fume collection system process flow diagram
- Provide recommendations to improve performance of the fugitive emission system
Cooling Tower Modifications
Updated BOF Off-Gas System Evaluation
Fugitive Emission System Improvements